Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis by Next-Generation Sequencing is more commonly referred to as NGS. NGS is the most advanced form of genome sequencing technology and allows specialists to analyze chromosomes at a level never before achieved by previous technology. This means that 24 different types of chromosomes and be analyzed, rather than just a few pairs. NGS also boasts a 99.9% accuracy ratio. Not only does NGS measure bar counts of chromosomes, but it can also analyze deletions and duplications.
Advantage of NGS technology
• Higher resolution that provides data from more than 1,000,000 tests per one chromosome set.
• High sensitivity to detect abnormal chromosome numbers.
• High specificity 99.98%
• Examination results and calculation methods have a database of bioinformatics with excellent support.
• Reduce the chance of losing samples from not being able to read test results.
• Abnormalities can be detected in all 24 chromosomes at once.
• This is a convenient, quick, accurate way for clear results.